- In-person worship services are held at 9:30 and 11 a.m. each Sunday in the Sanctuary. If you prefer to continue worshipping online, please visit our ward.church/live page for more details.
- Services include live teaching and music with a mix of familiar hymns, new arrangements, instruments and congregational singing.
- As of June 22, we removed our mask-required-for-all policy for adults and kids, as well as our room capacity and other social-distancing COVID-related policies. In short, masks are welcomed, but not required for any age regardless of vaccination status. Learn more.
Do I have to wear a mask?
As of June 22, we removed our mask-required-for-all policy for adults and kids, as well as our room capacity and other social-distancing COVID-related policies. In short, masks are welcomed, but not required for any age regardless of vaccination status. Learn more.
What will the service be like?
Worship will include live music and teaching. You may hear familiar hymns mixed and newer worship songs expressed through congregational singing, piano, guitar and vocalists. Our online services will be live streamed from the Sanctuary at 9:30 and 11 a.m. and rebroadcast at 2, 4 + 6 p.m.
Where should I park or enter?
Worship services will be held in the Sanctuary. Only the entrances nearest the Sanctuary will be open. Please use Entry 4, 5 or 6. In the event of rain, we will open the covered entry, Entry 1.
I’m not sure I’m ready to return to large gatherings. What are my options?
We’re live streaming services for an online worship experience every Sunday at 9:30 + 11 a.m. We rebroadcast these services at 2, 4 + 6 p.m. Not ready to come to an in-person gathering but craving community? Invite friends, family, neighbors or your small group over for church at your home, as safe and able.
What kinds of things is Ward Church doing to keep the community safe?
We’re offering worship options to allow for individuals to engage as they’re able and safe. When together, we’re taking steps to create the most touch-free experience possible including automated faucets, keeping doors propped open, practicing safe giving and communion methods and eliminating the passing out of printed materials for now. We’ve utilized antimicrobial protectants and have increased sanitation practices.
Will physical distancing be practiced?
Per the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ (MDHHS) order to rescind all mandates for face masks and gathering guidelines, we will return to our pre-pandemic room capacities and remove any physical-distancing requirements that had been in place since March 2020. We will continue to maintain a high level of cleaning and sanitation and have hand sanitizer readily available across the building. As always, if you have any cold or flu symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home and join us online.
When should I stay home?
Please stay home if in the past 14 days you have had, or have been in contact with anyone with:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
We also encourage anyone who has heightened risk of complications from the virus to continue to worship at home for now.
What about WardKids, WardStudents and adult life groups? When do they return?
WardKids is now back to in-person programming on Sundays. You must register via the Ward Church App. Registration opens every Monday for the upcoming Sunday, and closes Saturday evenings. WardKids team continues to also provide digital curriculum for families with children infant through Grade 5. See further down the page for more information.
Is ReNu Coffee or the Climb ’n Slide open?
Not currently, however we are working on a plan this summer in the hopes of reopening ReNu in the fall. We hope to open the Playscape this July 2021.
Welcome Back, WardKids
Sunday morning programming for infant through 5th grade
- We can’t wait to see you! Although we have removed our mask and social distancing requirements, we continue to be diligent in our sanitizing and cleaning protocols.
- If you or your family is not ready to come back yet, no worries! We will continue sending out WardKids weekly material for you and your family to learn and grow together.
Welcome Back, WardStudents
Wednesday in-person and Thursday online programming for students grades 6-12
WardStudents meets every Wednesday from 6:30-8 p.m. Students should come to Entry One, and then the high school and middle school groups will disperse from there.
Not Ready? Worship Online.
Not ready to join us in-person yet? That is completely okay! We’ve created an engaging online experience where you can connect with a digital host and others through our chat feature. Or invite your small group, friends or neighbors over and enjoy house-church together. You can choose from one of five streaming times – 9:30 + 11 a.m., 2, 4 + 6 p.m.HOW TO STREAM