Welcome to Ward Church! We are so glad you’ve decided to worship with us and see what Ward Church is all about. In a nutshell, we are about loving people and sharing the Good News with our local community and those living around the world. We are a multi-generational church, which means we have classes, activities and programming for every age group. No matter where you are in your time of life, we have opportunities to help you grow in your walk with Christ. On Sunday mornings, we offer a 9 a.m. traditional and 10:30 a.m. contemporary services. Keep reading to learn more and we can’t wait to meet you!
- In-person worship services are:
- 9 a.m. traditional: The traditional service’s music style is a blend of beloved hymns and rich meaningful worship choruses. The choir, organ, and piano play a prominent role. Strings, brass and percussion instruments augment this worship style when applicable. Historic creeds, prayers, and liturgies frame an experience designed to connect worshippers with the living God.
- 10:30 a.m. contemporary: Gifted and diverse musicians lead updated hymns, classic choruses, and new songs during our contemporary service. Led by a band (with occasional appearances by our choir and orchestra), our aim is musical excellence devoid of showmanship. Historic creeds, musical variety, and a relevant biblical sermon form an eclectic mix designed to connect worshippers with the living God.
- Online: If you prefer to continue worshipping online, please visit our ward.church/live page for more details.
- Read more about our capacity and other social-distancing COVID-related policies. Learn more.
Do I have to wear a mask?
We continue to monitor the threat of COVID-19 and its more transmissible variants. As always, we encourage all to follow the safety recommendations of the CDC, including hand washing and mask wearing indoors. Throughout the Ward Church campus, masks are encouraged.
What will the service be like?
Both of our traditional and contemporary worship services include live music and teaching. You may hear familiar hymns at our traditional service and a mix of older and newer worship songs at our contemporary service. Both services may also share similar elements, such as liturgical readings, scripture readings, videos, etc. Our online services will be live streamed from the Sanctuary at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. and rebroadcast at 2 (traditional service) + 4 (contemporary service) p.m.
Where should I park or enter?
Worship services will be held in the Sanctuary. Only the entrances nearest the Sanctuary will be open. Please use Entry 4, 5 or 6. In the event of rain, we will open the covered entry, Entry 1.
What kinds of things is Ward Church doing to keep the community safe?
We’re offering worship options to allow for individuals to engage as they’re able and safe. When together, we’re taking steps to create the most touch-free experience possible including automated faucets, utilizing automatic doors, practicing safe giving and communion methods and eliminating the passing out of printed materials for now. We’ve utilized antimicrobial protectants and have increased sanitation practices.
Will physical distancing be practiced?
We encourage all guests to maintain a distance of six feet between them and others outside their family or group while at Ward Church. We will continue to maintain a high level of cleaning and sanitation and have hand sanitizer readily available across the building. As always, if you have any cold or flu symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home and join us online.
When should I stay home?
Please stay home if in the past 14 days you have had, or have been in contact with anyone with:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
We also encourage anyone who has heightened risk of complications from the virus to continue to worship at home for now.
What about WardKids, WardStudents and adult life groups? When do they return?
All of our on-campus children’s and adult programming is back for the fall season. Learn more.
Welcome Back, WardKids
Sunday morning programming for infant through 5th grade
- We can’t wait to see you! When you arrive, visit the Preschool or Elementary desks at Entry 1, and the staff can assist you with registering your child via our registration kiosks.
- We encourage all children and their families to wear masks when they are inside the Ward Church building. We continue to be diligent in our sanitizing and cleaning protocols.
- If you or your family is not ready to come back yet, no worries! We will continue sending out WardKids weekly material for you and your family to learn and grow together.
- Learn more on our WardKids page.
Welcome Back, WardStudents
Wednesday in-person and Thursday online programming for students grades 6-12
WardStudents meets every Wednesday from 6:30-8 p.m. Students should come to Entry One, and then the high school and middle school groups will disperse from there.
There is a Sunday at 9 a.m. Middle School Class for 6-8th graders, beginning Sunday, September 19, 2021, in the Students Room.
Learn more at the WardStudents page.
Not Ready? Worship Online.
Not ready to join us in-person yet? That is completely okay! We’ve created an engaging online experience where you can connect with a digital host and others through our chat feature. Or invite your small group, friends or neighbors over and enjoy house-church together. You can choose from one of five streaming times – 9 a.m. (traditional service) + 10:30 a.m. (contemporary service), 2 (traditional service) + 4 (contemporary service) p.m.HOW TO STREAM