- In-person worship services are held at 9:30 and 11 a.m. each Sunday in the Sanctuary. If you prefer to continue worshipping online, please visit our ward.church/live page for more details.
- Services include live teaching and music with a mix of familiar hymns, new arrangements, instruments and congregational singing.
- We are asking all attendees to wear a mask or face covering for the duration of their visit + follow additional safety guidelines outlined below.
- WardKids Sunday programming is back on-campus! Registration is required and details are below.
Do I need to pre-register for a worship service?
No, not at this time. We are still utilizing limited capacity and physical distancing. During our first few months back in the building, we utilized a pre-registration system to better anticipate and plan. As the months have gone on, we now know we are safely able to accommodate those attending in-person services without pre-registration. If at any time we experience a sharp increase in attendance, we will utilize Knox Hall as an overflow option. For now, we look forward to welcoming you in the Sanctuary at 9:30 or 11 a.m.
Do I have to wear a mask?
In light of latest findings on Coronavirus transmission, we are asking all attendees to wear a mask or face covering while in the building. This is for the safety and consideration of others. We’re asking everyone in attendance to wear a mask or face covering, especially when unable to observe physical distancing.
What will the service be like?
Worship will include live music and teaching. You may hear familiar hymns mixed and newer worship songs expressed through congregational singing, piano, guitar and vocalists. Our online services will be live streamed from the Sanctuary at 9:30 and 11 a.m. and rebroadcast at 2, 4 + 6 p.m.
Where should I park or enter?
Worship services will be held in the Sanctuary. Only the entrances nearest the Sanctuary will be open. Please use Entry 4, 5 or 6. In the event of rain, we will open the covered entry, Entry 1.
I’m not sure I’m ready to return to large gatherings. What are my options?
We’re live streaming services for an online worship experience every Sunday at 9:30 + 11 a.m. We rebroadcast these services at 2, 4 + 6 p.m. Not ready to come to an in-person gathering but craving community? Invite friends, family, neighbors or your small group over for church at your home, as safe and able.
What kinds of things is Ward Church doing to keep the community safe?
We’re offering worship options to allow for individuals to engage as they’re able and safe. Volunteers and staff will complete health checks and wear masks while on campus. We are asking all attendees to wear masks at all times. When together, we’re taking steps to create the most touch-free experience possible including automated faucets, keeping doors propped open, practicing safe giving and communion methods and eliminating the passing out of printed materials for now. We’re utilizing floor decals to establish 2-way traffic and minimizing capacity in all rooms to allow for physical distancing. We’ve utilized antimicrobial protectants and have increased sanitation practices.
Will physical distancing be practiced?
We are asking everyone who attends Ward to practice physical distancing while on the property. This is for the safety of all who are in attendance. We ask that all families stay together and maintain at least 8 feet of distance between other households. In the Sanctuary, this looks like at least 4 seats between households. The numbers on the back of the pews indicate seat spacing.
When should I stay home?
Please stay home if in the past 14 days you have had, or have been in contact with anyone with:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
We also encourage anyone who has heightened risk of complications from the virus to continue to worship at home for now.
What about WardKids, WardStudents and adult life groups? When do they return?
WardKids is now back to in-person programming on Sundays. You must pre-register via the Ward Church App. Registration opens every Monday for the upcoming Sunday. WardKids team continues to also provide digital curriculum for families with children infant through Grade 5. See further down the page for more information.
WardStudents are not yet back to in-person on Sundays, but have resumed in-person programming at Ward on Wednesday nights. Students meet at 6:30 p.m. at Entry One. Middle and High School students are also invited to connect online every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Adult Life Groups will meet online or begin a holiday break. Please connect with the leader of your group to confirm the current format of your group and to support them in prayer.
Is ReNu Coffee or the Climb ’n Slide open?
Not currently. We will continue to monitor the recommendations of the state and allow our Session and Covid task force to make decisions with the safety and witness of the church as a priority.
Welcome Back, WardKids
Sunday morning programming for infant through 5th grade
- We can’t wait to see you! We have worked hard to implement enhanced safety measures, but we need your help. Be sure to pre-register any child(ren) you plan to check-in to WardKids so we can make plans accordingly.
- If you or your family is not ready to come back yet, no worries! We will continue sending out WardKids weekly material for you and your family to learn and grow together.
Pre-registration opens Monday at 8 a.m. prior to the Sunday for which you are registering. It remains open through Saturday evening. As of Sunday, March 28, 2021 we are no longer taking pre-registrations on Sunday mornings.
WardKids capacity on Sunday mornings is currently limited by the number of volunteers who are able and willing to return to serving. As the number of kids returning increases each week, it’s become increasingly difficult to accept registrations on Sunday mornings. To help us plan and prepare most effectively, we need to have the number of children joining us solidified the night before.
- You must download the Ward Church App to pre-register a child.*
- Login to the app using your mobile phone number or email address that Ward Church has on file.
- Tap the “WK Pre-Registration” button on the App’s main screen (the Dashboard).
- Select the child(ren) you would like to pre-register for WK programming.
*IMPORTANT: The “WK Pre-Registration” button and individual children will only appear if they were actively attending Sunday morning WardKids prior to the pandemic. If your child is brand new to WardKids, please fill out this form to pre-register. If you do not have a smartphone that can run our app, or have any other issues, please contact email@example.com.
If your child(ren) were attending WardKids prior to the pandemic and you do not see the “WK Pre-Registration” button or their name(s) on the list, then the group they are in is full for that week.
- Park nearest Entries 4, 5 or 6 as these are the doors that will be open (and closest to the Sanctuary). In the event of rain, we’ll open Entry 1 with the covered drive.
- Head to the WardKids area and look for a Check-In Kiosk.
- Open the Ward Church App and tap “Your FastPass” on the Dashboard.
- Scan the QR code on the scanner located next to the check-in monitor. Your tags will print automatically after a few seconds.
- Place one name tag on your child, give one to your child’s leader and keep one for yourself for when you pick-up.
- We’re asking for only one grown-up per household to drop each child off at their room so we may maintain space for physical distancing in the hallways.
- We are limiting capacity of each grade-level in order to have smaller classrooms.
- All of our leaders will be wearing masks as we greet and hang out with your child(ren).
- We are asking for all Kindergarten and up to wear masks inside Ward Church and WardKids.
- Please help wash or have your child wash their hands prior to going into classroom (soap or sanitizer).
- Please no personal belongings. Diaper bags are okay, just leave your favorite toy or stuffed animal in the car.
- After service, please come pick-up your child(ren) so we can disinfect our classrooms and highly touched surfaces before the next service.
- Stay home if you’re sick or if you have had a fever or felt ill within the last 14 days. Please worship online instead.
- We’re limiting the drop-off and pick-up process in the WardKids hallways to only one grown-up per family at one time. This will allow for better physical distancing outside of classrooms.
DOWNLOAD THE APP TO GET STARTED ON PRE-REGISTERING YOUR CHILD(REN)
Welcome Back, WardStudents
Wednesday in-person and Thursday online programming for students grades 6-12
In-person: WardStudents meets every Wednesday from 6:30-8 p.m. Students should come to Entry One, and then the high school and middle school groups will disperse from there. Masks are required for everyone while they are at Ward.
Online: WardStudents will continue to also meet via Zoom on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and get the link. This is for both high school and middle school students.
Not Ready? Worship Online.
Not ready to join us in-person yet? That is completely okay! We’ve created an engaging online experience where you can connect with a digital host and others through our chat feature. Or invite your small group, friends or neighbors over and enjoy house-church together. You can choose from one of five streaming times – 9:30 + 11 a.m., 2, 4 + 6 p.m.HOW TO STREAM