Our playscape is free and open to everyone. So whether you’re stopping by to let your children work off extra energy, meeting some friends to reconnect while your kids play, or want to relax while your kids play in a safe, fun environment, we hope you feel at home and know you are welcome.
- Sundays: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: CLOSED
This page will always be updated with the most current hours or any special openings or closures.
In order to help us provide the safest and most enjoyable experience for all of our guests, please follow the guidelines below:
- The Playscape is not attended and parents / guardians are responsible for the supervision of their children. Specific guidelines are located at the entrances to the Playscape.
- Children must be 12 or under and accompanied by an adult.
- Adults must have an accompanying child to enter.
- Please remove shoes and wear socks while playing.
- Please be considerate of others.
- Please keep food and beverages in the mall area.
- On heavy traffic days, please limit your visit to two hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Private birthday parties can be arranged in advance through our website contact form. For such private events, an adjacent room to the Playscape can be reserved, depending on other previously scheduled events and activities. Parties can be reserved for times when the Playscape is normally closed. Rental rates for both areas will depend on the length of the event. If you wish to reserve during a time when the Playscape is open, please note that others will be using it, as we are unable to close it for private events during normal hours.
- Due to space considerations, the Playscape operates on a first-come, first-serve basis due to capacity restrictions. Any party groups must be limited to ten guests.
- The Playscape facilities may be in use by other guests and visitors. Activity and noise levels vary from day to day. Please plan accordingly.
- The Playscape is open from 10:00 – 4:00 Monday thru Friday and Noon -4:00 on Sunday. At present, the Playscape is closed on Saturdays
- The Playscape will be closed during these holidays in 2017:
January 1 (Friday) – New Year’s Day
May 29 (Monday) – Memorial Day
July 4 (Tuesday) – Independence Day
September 4 (Monday) – Labor Day
November 23 and 24 (Thursday and Friday) – Thanksgiving and the day after
December 24 and 25 (Friday and Monday) – Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Please contact the church at 248.374.7400 for weather-related closures. This information will be available on our voice message. If media coverage shows that Ward Church is closed, that also includes the Playscape.
The activity level in the Playscape can be unpredictable. The Playscape tends to be busier than normal during cold or rainy days, or school breaks.
If you think you might have left something in the Playscape, please check in our Lost & Found cabinets across from the reception desk near Entry 4.
Yes, as long as he or she is over the age of 18. Children under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by an adult.
Our Playscape is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected each day prior to opening. High dusting of the major components occurs every couple of weeks. We kindly request that you do not bring your child to play if they have signs of illness.