The Ward Church Playscape is for children 12 and under and is free and open to everyone 5 days a week. It is available by reservation only on Saturdays. So whether you’re stopping by to let your children work off extra energy, meeting some friends to reconnect while your kids play, or want to relax while your kids play in a safe, fun environment, we hope you feel at home and know you are welcome. Parking near and entering through Entry 1 may be the most convenient route to the Playscape.
- Starting July 1, 2021: Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (with an hour for cleaning from noon-1 p.m.).
- Saturday: By reservation only
- Sunday: 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This page will always be updated with the most current hours or any special openings or closures.
In order to help us provide the safest and most enjoyable experience for all of our guests, please follow the guidelines below:
- The Playscape is not attended and parents / guardians are responsible for the supervision of their children. Specific guidelines are located at the entrances to the Playscape.
- Children must be 12 or under and accompanied by an adult.
- Adults must have an accompanying child to enter.
- Please remove shoes and wear socks while playing.
- Please be considerate of others.
- Please keep food and beverages outside the Playscape area, and on one of the tables provided in the Main Hallway.
- On heavy traffic days, please limit your visit to two hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Private birthday parties can be arranged in advance. For such private events, an adjacent party room to the Playscape can be reserved, depending on other previously scheduled events and activities. Parties can be reserved for times when the Playscape is normally closed. Rental rates for both areas will depend on the length of the event. We highly recommend booking 6-8 weeks in advance.
- The playscape is currently available for rentals for a four-hour time slot between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. if you are booking a Saturday.
- To rent the playscape, please review our availability calendar, then press the “Submit Event Request” button at the top of the calendar. Please note: pending requests are not visible on the availability calendar. If your request conflicts with a request in our approval queue, we will reach out to you and let you know. For questions about private rentals, email Naomi Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The playscape (and Ward’s building) is closed each year on the following holidays (or on the observed day): New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (and the day after), and Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.
- Please contact the church at 248.374.7400 for weather-related closures. This information will be available on our voice message. If media coverage shows that Ward Church is closed, that also includes the Playscape.
- Starting July 1, 2021, the playscape is Monday-Friday, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (with an hour for cleaning). The Playscape is available for private rentals.
If you think you might have left something in the Playscape, please check with our receptionist at Entry 4.
Yes, as long as he or she is over the age of 18. Children under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by an adult 18 years and older.
Our Playscape is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected each day prior to opening and also from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. each day. High dusting of the major components occurs every couple of weeks. We kindly request that you do not bring your child to play if they have signs of illness.