We are delighted to hear about your upcoming marriage. Ward Church is a Christ centered, Bible believing church which is eager to encourage Christian marriages. In order to do so, we have established certain policies concerning weddings.
Please Read the following carefully:
1. The enclosed Wedding Information Form must be filled out completely and returned to the church as a starting point in the wedding preparation process. This will become the basis of a pastoral interview (all couples must meet with a pastor before a wedding date is reserved).
2. A member of the Pastoral staff will meet with all couples prior to reserving a wedding date. The purpose of the meeting will be to confirm that you are in agreement with the policies and procedures we follow in preparing for marriage. You may arrange an appointment as soon as you have received your Wedding information Form.
3. After a wedding date is reserved, couples must forward a non-refundable deposit of $100.00 payable to Ward Church before the date can be guaranteed. This will be applied to the Wedding Fee.
4. It is required that couples participate in our Marriage Preparation Seminar, or a personalized program designed by the officiating pastor. The Prepare/Enrich Profile or similar premarital inventory will be administered as part of your marriage preparation. If this is a remarriage for one or both parties, attendance at a Remarriage Seminar or completion of a Divorce Care program is required. Please consult with the Wedding Coordinator for details.
5. Couples must be active at the church and must remain active for five months preceding a wedding. “Active” is defined as present for worship at least twice a month. Please fill out the Communication card on Sunday. Members of the pastoral staff may make exceptions to this policy under extraordinary circumstances.
6. Couples must have separate housing arrangements and give evidence of sincere spiritual interest in a God-honoring wedding.
Our desire is for your wedding to be a truly rewarding spiritual experience. We are eager to serve you. I will look forward to hearing from you to confirm the wedding arrangements.