Whether you are new to church leadership, or have been serving for a while, it’s helpful to be refreshed on Ward’s beliefs and our faith’s historical background. To help facilitate this education, we are developing a series of videos that includes six categories with five to six lessons each. These are designed to distill big topics into smaller, easily digestible bites. These training videos are only a few minutes long and present a good overview of theology and ministry “in a nutshell.”
These videos will be shared with all elder and deacon candidates, but any Ward leader is welcome to watch them. We have been sending out weekly emails with links to the videos and welcome you to sign up as well. We welcome you to watch one video a day, taking Sundays off, for a unique 40-day development journey, working through the videos systematically to get the full picture.
The following are the categories and topics covered in the videos:
About the Reformed Tradition:
- What does it mean to be reformed?
- What does it mean to be Presbyterian?
- What are the Essentials of our Faith?
- What is the Westminster Confession?
- What were the key issues of the 16th Century reformation?
- What does our church believe about speaking in tongues?
About the Office of Elder
- What is the role of elder at Ward?
- What are the qualifications for elder at Ward?
- What is the history of Ward Church?
- What is the first duty of the church?
- Why are small groups so important at Ward?
- What does it mean to be a church member?
- What does our church believe about the role of women in the church?
- What is the Apostles’ Creed?
- What is the Nicene Creed?
- What does our church believe about End Times?
- What is the Doctrine of the Trinity?
- How should we understand our responsibility to care for creation?
- Why do some church baptize babies and others do not?
- What is the biblical basis for infant baptism?
- Isn’t baptism and dedication the same thing?
- How many times should someone be baptized?
- What is the Lord’s Supper?
- Who should receive the Lord’s Supper?
About the Ministry of Care:
- How do I carry out the ministry of prayer?
- How do I conduct a hospital visit?
- How can I improve my listening skills?
- How should conflict be handled?
- When should a member be confronted?
- What is a Deacon?
- How do I integrate faith into my life?
- What is the BLESS strategy?
- How can I begin praying for my neighbors?
- How do I start a spiritual conversation?
- How do I share my faith story?
- How do I lead someone to faith?