Thank you to everyone who attended the June 9, 2021 Annual Meeting of Ward Church. We are looking forward to this Sunday’s Celebration Sunday when we will celebrate with stories, videos, songs, a look-back on a year worth remembering and a look-ahead to what God will do next in and through us!
Results from 2021 Annual Meeting
The following motions were approved during the Annual Meeting on June 9, 2021:
- To approve and receive the minutes of the 2020 Annual Meeting held June 18, 2020 – MOTION WAS SUSTAINED
- To dissolve the pastoral relationship between Associate Pastor Rev. Soon Pak at his request, so that he may pursue his new call as pastor of Stonebridge Presbyterian Church in Charlotte, North Carolina – MOTION WAS SUSTAINED
- Affirmation of Nominees – MOTION WAS SUSTAINED
Tammy & Paul Clunis
Kelly Ann Rubenson
- Affirmation of Jon Haden as Ruling Elder (non-Session member) – MOTION WAS SUSTAINED
- Adoption of the 2021/2022 fiscal year budget of $4,700,000 – MOTION WAS SUSTAINED
Frequently Asked Questions
Wednesday evening, June 9, 7 p.m., in-person, via Live Stream (for non-members) and by Zoom (for Ward members).
All formal members of Ward Church. Anyone who is not a member may still be a non-voting participant.
Members received an email with the link to join the meeting.
Members will be able to join by phone. The number to call is included in the email with the Zoom meeting link.
Voting will take place electronically during the meeting. You can place your vote easily with a click of the mouse, or a press of button.
It depends on whether you attend in person or by Zoom.
If you are in person, any member present can vote by voice vote.
If you are joining by Zoom, each member needs their own device (computer, tablet, or smart phone) in order to be able to vote. We recognize that this makes sharing a computer difficult if couples or families want to register separate votes. If you view the agenda in advance and determine the votes within your household would not vary, you may use one device, one vote.
If you are attending in person, there will be microphones available for you to ask any questions.
If you are attending by Zoom, you will be able to type your question or comment in the chat, or hit the “raise your hand” button to be called upon to speak. When called upon, you’ll need to “unmute” yourself in order to be heard. If possible, please enable your video while asking a question so you may be seen and heard.
You can download the meeting guide and annual report, above.
Meeting guide contains: full agenda, minutes from 2020 meeting, nominee bios, and pastoral changes.
Annual report contains: Budget details, ministry area reports, fast facts, and links to video stories.