Human trafficking affects every nation across the globe. It’s found in every pocket of the world, even our own neighborhoods. Every 30 seconds, a man, woman or child becomes a victim of modern-day slavery and exploited for manual and sexual labor against their will.
Ward Church has established the Gateway 328 ministry to join the fight against human trafficking, locally and globally. Gateway 328 seeks to educate our church and community about the realities of human trafficking and provide support and aid to our local and global partners.
For this year’s Easter Offering, we seek to raise funds and participate in volunteer efforts to help Gateway 328’s local and global partners meet strategic goals:
- Expand Freedom Centers and bakery in Thailand and Spain with a global partner, Not Abandoned. The Freedom centers provide a safe space to learn and heal and their bakery provides income for the women at the center.
- Enhance prevention programming for women in Korat, Thailand. It’s estimated that 85% of exploited women in Pattaya come from the rural Korat province.
- Sponsor a specialty outreach night where, in addition to a perishable lunch, our local partners hand out a hot meal or a mobile pizza party to the trafficked women in Detroit.
- Increase the number of lunches and care kits assembled by Ward Church for a local partner, All Worthy of Love, to distribute on the streets of Detroit to trafficked individuals. See Gateway 328’s page for lists of items.
Plan to participate in two ways this Easter season, February 26-April 9:
- Donate your time: On Sundays, pick up grocery bags and a packing lists (March 5 + 12), fill out an encouragement card (March 19), or connect with Gateway 328 at the Current Focus Kiosk and Welcome Desks, Feb. 26-April 9, to learn how you can get involved through joining the Gateway 328 prayer team, signing up to join the local outreach team, or plan to go on an impact trip this summer/fall to Spain or Thailand! Or, visit the Gateway 328 page.
- Fund the mission: Make a gift to the Easter Offering to support the goals outlined above.
- Give online at ward.church/give
- Text “Easter” + $ amount (ex. Easter 50) to 248.206.2481.
- Drop off your gift at the church in one of the giving boxes – be sure to indicate that this is for the “Easter Offering” on the envelope or your check.