In this morning’s sermon, “What Did Jesus Say About Sex?” I recommended a few resources that I want to remind you about.
For married couples looking for a guide to sexuality and intimacy, I recommend a book by Christian authors and therapists, Clifford and Joyce Penner, called, The Gift of Sex: A Guide to Sexual Fulfillment.
For men looking for small groups or mentoring, check out www.wardmen.org, the men’s ministry of Ward Church. If you want to go it on your own, ask a male friend to form an accountability partnership by adding some accountability questions to your conversations.
Top Book Picks for Everyone (from the Every Man Series):
- Every Man’s Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation One Victory at a Time, by Stephen Arterburn and Fred Stoeker
- Every Young Man’s Battle: Strategies for Victory in the Real World of Sexual Temptation, by Stephen Arterburn
- Every Woman’s Battle: Discovering God’s Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment, by Shannon Ethridge and Stephen Arterburn
- Every Young Woman’s Battle: Guarding Your Mind, Heart, and Body in a Sex-Saturated World, by Shannon Ethridge and Stephen Arterburn
Top Picks for Teens:
- Good Sex by Kara Powell Jim Hancock
- My Changes (Middle School Survival Series) by Mark Oestreicher and Scott Rubin
- Preparing for Adolescence: How to Survive the Coming Years of Change, Dr. James Dobson Ph.D