MOPS is for any mom with children ages birth-5 years who is looking to connect with other moms in a similar phase of life. MOPS encourages and equips moms of young children to realize their potential as mothers, women, and leaders, in relationship with Jesus and in partnership with the local church. Whether you are a soon-to-be mom, first-time mom or seventh-time mom, an adoptive mom, young mom, seasoned mom, foster mom, stepmom or any other type of mom, you are welcome here! For more information on MOPS International go to their website at www.mops.org.
At a Ward MOPS meeting you will find:
- The chance to be with other moms who share similar circumstances.
- A place of encouragement, where motherhood is valued and women are special, no matter what their status, education, or personal issues.
- The opportunity to build friendships with MOPS Mentors who provide perspective, willing ears, and sage advice, having “been there, done that”.
- Speakers who provide practical instruction on things that matter most to moms such as parenting, marriage, and healthy meal planning.
- The opportunity to express creativity through crafts and life-skills.
- Discussion time in an open, caring atmosphere where moms are free to share their ideas and feelings with each other.
- Leadership training and development.
Ward MOPS meets select Thursdays of each month, September through May from 9:30 am-11:30 am in Chapel Suite 3. Our meeting dates for 2018-2019 are 9/13, 10/4, 10/18, 11/1, 11/15, 12/6, 12/20, 1/17, 2/7, 2,21, 3/7, 3/21, 4/18, 5/2, 5/16. Registration is required.
MOPS KIDS CHILDCARE
Ward MOPS offers a fee-based MOPS Kids program during meetings so moms can relax and enjoy a grown-up meeting. Registration is required to ensure that space is available for your child/children in the MOPS Kids program. All caregivers have been carefully screened, including background and reference checks, and are approved by Ward Church to care for minors during church-related activities.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR MOPS?
Our MOPS group is currently FULL. Please contact Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be put on our waiting list.
Other questions? Email MOPS coordinators Darcie & Kristen at email@example.com.