MOPS is for any mom with children ages birth-5 years who is looking to connect with other moms in a similar phase of life. MOPS encourages and equips moms of young children to realize their potential as mothers, women, and leaders, in relationship with Jesus and in partnership with the local church. Whether you are a soon-to-be mom, first-time mom or seventh-time mom, an adoptive mom, young mom, seasoned mom, foster mom, stepmom or any other type of mom, you are welcome here! For more information on MOPS International go to their website at www.mops.org.
At a Ward MOPS meeting you will find:
- The chance to be with other moms who share similar circumstances.
- A place of encouragement, where motherhood is valued and women are special, no matter what their status, education, or personal issues.
- The opportunity to build friendships with MOPS Mentors who provide perspective, willing ears, and sage advice, having “been there, done that”.
- Speakers who provide practical instruction on things that matter most to moms such as parenting, marriage, and healthy meal planning.
- The opportunity to express creativity through crafts and life-skills.
- Discussion time in an open, caring atmosphere where moms are free to share their ideas and feelings with each other.
- Leadership training and development.
Sunday’s from 7:00-8:30 p.m. on the following dates – Sept. 20, Oct. 4 & 18, Nov. 1 & 15, December 13, January 17, February 7 & 21, March 7 & 21, April 18, May 2 & 16. Registration is required.
MOPS Registration: Yearly MOPS International membership dues are $31.95. Advance registration is required to attend MOPS meetings. To register and for FAQ on this year’s MOPS go to https://ward.church/hey-mom-need-break-check-mops/