A partnership to expand God’s Kingdom
The elders and leaders of Ward Church (Northville) and Grace Chapel (Farmington Hills) believe the Lord is leading us to join together as one church. This decision is the result of months of prayer, conversation, and deep consideration of the mission and ministry of each church.
Since 1983, Grace Chapel Chapel has been a “daughter church” of Ward. Grace Chapel has served the Farmington Hills area for nearly 40 years and has birthed two daughter churches of her own. However, after their last pastor left for another opportunity in Florida two years ago, they have not been able to find someone to fill his shoes. Last fall, they approached Ward about opportunities for stronger partnership. We believe that joining together as one church will allow us to better reach, serve and engage the western suburbs for Jesus Christ.
On Sunday, Jan. 9, Ward Church made the announcement to its congregation about the intended partnership, including an FAQ document. It outlines the rationale for the proposal and a timeline for when it would be completed, contingent upon congregational votes at Grace Chapel and Ward Church.
- Sunday, Jan. 30 – Town hall meetings at Grace Chapel and Ward Church
- Wednesday, Feb. 9 – Grace Chapel hosts a second town hall with Pastor Scott McKee and other leaders
- Sunday, Feb. 20 – Members of both congregations vote to approve the adoption
- Sunday, Feb. 27 – Grace Chapel hosts its final celebration Sunday service
- March – August – Grace Chapel joins Ward Church in Northville while the Farmington Hills space undergoes renovations and new teams are created for relaunch
- Sundays, Sept. 11 + Sept. 18 – Soft launch of Ward Church Farmington Hills + church-wide picnic
- Sunday, Sept. 25 – Grand reopening in Farmington Hills