GUEST POST: Rev. Tyler Groff
I mentioned today in the sermon that there are several opportunities coming up for you to serve “Outside the Walls”.
Here are a few opportunities provided by Rev. Phil Linton (Director of Outreach).
Serving Others Outside the Walls Opportunities:
- March 30. Good News Gang Easter Egg Hunt, Clark Park, SW Detroit. Ward Church is in charge of running games. Need volunteers to run games, and individually-wrapped candies. Volunteers can sign up or drop off candy at the Outreach Kiosk in March. Contact: Beth 248 330 5605
- Friday, Feb 15 and/or Saturday, Feb. 16. Loading and moving equipment between the Southfield Office of the International Christian Education Association and Ward Church for the ICEA VBS/Summer of Purpose Convention. Contact: Howard 734 464 0183
- Friday afternoons, 12:15-3:00. Help distribute food at City Mission, 20405 Schoolcraft, Detroit. Contact: 313 541 3531
- Thursday evenings, 6:00 -?. Help distribute food and clothes at Helps On the Way, 5358 Beech Daly, Dearborn Heights. Contact: Biz 248.615.9154
- Mon-Sat (various hours) Medical/Dental professionals help Hope Clinic, 33608 Palmer Rd., Westland. Contact: Connie 734 484 2989
- Monday evenings, 6:20-8:30. Tutor children at Military Ave. Ev. Presb. Church, 1002 N. Military, Detroit. Contact: 313 407 2093
I leave you with a quote from the sermon: “In short, what the soul is in the body, the Christians are in the world.” ~ Epistle of Diognetus