Thanksgiving Service, Nov. 25 | Online, on-demand
Join us as we worship and pray this Thanksgiving, rejoicing in who God is and thanking him for all he has done in our lives to sustain us through challenging seasons. We want to become a part of your family’s Thanksgiving tradition, so we’ve made it easy to participate by making this an online-only, on-demand opportunity. The 15-minute video message will be published and available to watch at your leisure the morning of Thursday, November 25.
This will provide you with the most options to cast / share your screen with your Smart TV or other streaming devices. Pro tip: For the best experience, download the YouTube app on your phone or tablet before clicking the following link.
If you have a Roku TV, Roku streaming device, or Apple TV running tvOS, you can download our dedicated on-demand “Ward Church” app and watch directly on those devices. Note: this is a separate app from our “Ward Church Live” app where our live services are streamed.
As part of our Thanksgiving celebrations, we will also take an offering to support a critical-impact partner: Not Abandoned.
Not Abandoned is an international organization that seeks to rescue and empower trafficked women. In 2019, Ward sent a short-term mission team to Pattaya, Thailand to those exploited by the sex industry there. They worked to connect them with the Not Abandoned Education and Employment Training Center. Those attending that missions trip returned to the U.S. determined to help those in our own backyards, caught up in human trafficking. Out of that, Ward’s Gateway 328 ministry was born. Now, Not Abandoned is poised to expand their center in Thailand to become the Freedom Center, a 4,574 sq. ft. building that will allow them to reach four times more women. They will also open an 1,800 sq. ft. center in Spain – a growing trafficking hot spot.
The Spanish center will also build a ministry for Muslim-background believers who have come to Christ through the center.
- Teach practical skills like language, resume preparation and employment skills
- Help women find healthy jobs outside of the sex industry
- Integrate trauma-based and spiritual counseling into programming
- Provide in-house employment at the center and micro-loans to help them start their own small businesses
Read about how one woman’s life was changed by Not Abandoned and the Freedom Center in Thailand.
Please consider one of the following ways to partner with us to support Not Abandoned this Thanksgiving season:
- Complete and tear off the form that you received in the mail, and mail it back to Ward using the enclosed envelope.
- Drop off your check or cash at the church at one of the giving boxes near the Sanctuary or outside Entry 1.
- Visit our online Thanksgiving Offering webpage to make a direct donation.
- Text “Thanksgiving” + amount (ex. Thanksgiving 50) to 248-206-2481.
You may also use your regular offering envelope to give. Just write “Thanksgiving Offering” and the amount on the envelope. Also, remember that you can view and print your year-to-date giving statement online.