We’re excited to announce that our online giving system has gotten an upgrade! Our hope is to provide a better giving experience for everyone. This new giving tool works in sync with the rest of our database, streamlining processes for donors, our staff and volunteers. However, due to the secure manner in which your bank and credit card info is stored in our current system, we cannot automatically transfer your recurring gifts to the new system without your help. The good news is, moving your gift is EASY!
Steps to Move Your Recurring Gift:
Access The New System
After reading these instructions, click on the “Transfer Recurring Gifts” button at the bottom of this page and sign in to the new system using your existing myWARD username and password.
If you are married, please be sure to login to the myWARD account where the recurring gift is set up.
Cancel your old recurring gift
In the top section, “Old Recurring Giving,” press the “Edit” button. You’ll be automatically logged into the myWARD website. Then, press the “Cancel” button next to your recurring gift(s).
Note: It is important that recurring gifts only exist in the new system so both gifts are not deducted from your account.
Set up a new recurring gift
Click the link to return to our new giving website and tap the “New Recurring Donation” button, enter your gift and payment information, and submit!
Note: When you set up your new recurring donation, the default frequency on the form is weekly. Please be sure to adjust this if you’d like a different schedule.
- An enhanced online giving experience on all devices
- Easier ways to login and manage stored payment methods
- Tools to maximize your gift’s ministry impact
- Ability to modify any scheduled recurring gifts
- Streamlined processing for Ward Church staff and volunteers
- In the U.S. alone, digital giving costs churches over $30 Million every year. Credit card companies charge between 2-3% on every transaction. Banks charge about 0.5%.
- Set up your new gift using a bank account instead of a credit card. Bank account gifts cost the church significantly less to process – which means more money can be released to the ministry, not to cover more overhead costs.
- Regardless of which payment method you select, this new system gives you the option to cover the processing fees, so that 100% of your intended gift can go directly to the ministry.
If you have a gift with a series end-date beyond June 30, 2021 it will be continue to be withdrawn from your bank account or credit card until the defined end-date. It will not automatically cancel.
We ask that you please transition your recurring online giving no later than June 30, 2021 so we can shut down our old system and save on costs and resources. We want to be good stewards of the finances God has entrusted us with.
Yes! This new system is compatible with our Ward Church mobile app for iOS and Android. However, you’ll need to update your app to the most recent version released in May of 2021. If your app is not the most recent version, a notice will appear at the top of the Ward app’s Dashboard.
We receive paper checks for these gifts and they are not impacted.
If you give via Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, or another charitable foundation, those gifts are not impacted.
Giving from your IRA is not impacted, we receive paper checks.
No, giving mailed to Ward or dropped off, in the form of a paper check or cash is not impacted.
The text-to-give number (248-206-2481) will remain the same, but you will need to reinput your payment methods.