A team is being formed now to go to Mali, West Africa from July 9-23, 2022. The team will hold clinics in the surrounding villages of the Capital City of Bamako. In addition to providing much needed medical care, the clinics open the door for our Malian brothers and sisters to return to these villages to share the gospel long after we are gone. To date, over 60 churches have been started thanks to the hard work of our Malian brothers and sisters! Please join us in prayer for our team as we seek to demonstrate the love of Jesus to those who need Him.
The team purchases our prescription medications in Mali, but we rely on the generosity of Ward to provide hundreds of donations of over-the-counter medical supplies. Although we will be accepting donations until mid-June, these donations need to be sorted and repacked for the journey… a very time-consuming process.
Please consider helping us purchase the following needed supplies (NO EXPIRED ITEMS, PLEASE!). Thank you in advance for your generosity!
- Children’s Multi Vitamins (NO gummy vits, please) CHEWABLE are available at Walmart, Meijer, CVS, Target, and Rite Aid. Costco does not carry chewable children’s vitamins.
- Infant LIQUID multi-vitamins
- Infant LIQUID Tylenol or Motrin
- Children’s & Junior Tylenol or Motrin (chewable, please)
- Children’s Benadryl (or generic allergy medicines)
- Adult Multi Vitamins
- Prenatal Vitamin
- Adult Ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil)
- Adult Tylenol (or generic Acetaminophen)
- Vagisil, Monistat or Miconazole creams
- Anti-fungal creams (Clotrimazole, Lamisil, Lotrimin, etc.)
- Hydrocortisone cream/ointments
- Antibiotic/anti-bacterial ointments (Bacitracin, Neosporin, etc.)
- Gauze Bandages (rolls, 3x3s, 4x4s, etc.)
- Tape (medical, first aid)
- Adult Benadryl, Claritan (or generic adult allergy medicines)
- Colace (or generic stool softeners)
- Pepto-Bismol tablets (tablets only, please)
- Imodium tablets or generic anti-diarrheal tablets
- Metamucil, Benefiber, Dulcolax (tablets or packets only, please)
- Ranitidine, Zantac, Pepcid or generic antacid
- Toothpaste (small only) and toothbrushes
- Zip-lock bags (gallon and quart size)
- Reading eyeglasses only, please – NO prescription eye glasses this year
We are accepting donations NOW through mid-June 2022.
Please deposit your donations:
SUNDAYS – in the box by the Welcome Desk at Entry 1
DURING THE WEEK: Mon – Thurs, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Entry 4 reception desk
Questions? Contact Edie Lovell at 248.819.0476
Interested in being a part of the team?
If you are interested in joining us on this trip, see the information below. Email the Outreach Department at email@example.com to learn more.
Team Leader: Dr. Kevin Deighton
Medical and non-medical team members in excellent health, able to cope with extreme temperatures/humidity and arduous travel, will conduct medical clinics in villages surrounding the Capital City of Bamako. French-speakers, medical personnel, and people who have not been part of previous Mali medical teams are especially encouraged to apply. To participate, you must be fully vaccinated against yellow fever and COVID-19.